Thursday, April 24, 2008

Levi Newell Kendall's Cabin

Levi Newell Kendall was in the original pioneer company that entered the Salt Lake Valley July 22, 1847. He moved to Springville, Utah in 1856 and later built this little cabin in Mapleton, Utah. Mapleton City inherited the cabin and moved it to their city park located on Main Street and Center Street in Mapleton, Utah.



I took these photographs on July 2, 2007. Information about Levi has been gleaned from lots of different reading . . . more later.

5 comments:

DiAnne said...

Thanks for this beautiful site. I am a child of Leo and Eliza. Thanks for making my day. Eliza's birth day was in May, what a present to her.

Steven C Kendall said...

This helped my son do a book report for Utah. I am a Great Grandson of Levi Newell through his youngest son Julius Nathanial. Though I always get confused if it was wife number 1 or wife number 2 who was Eliza or Elizabeth. I know 1 left him and 1 stayed with him.

Thanks again 'cousins'
Steven Kendall

Karen Small said...

Thank you for the photos. Levi is my 4th great grandfather through his son Joeseph Bradford Kendall.
Best regards,
Karen Small (Comstock)

Dani said...

Thanks for posting this! I am a descendant through Levi's daughter; Eleanor Dorcas Kendall Johnson.

Dani Evans England

Daniel Kendall said...

My family!