Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Introducing This Blog

I've begun to gather information on the pioneer ancestors of my great-grandparents, Leo Fife and Eliza Lloyd Fife. The pedigree information I started with came from FamilySearch.org. Most of the information collected thus far is from internet research based on the information from Family Search. Therefore if the biographical information is in error, the error originate with the information in Family Search.

I wanted to find a way to easily share what I've found with others and, rather than wait until I have all the information I want collected in a book, I thought I'd share info as I find it on this blog. As more information is added, it will still be easy to find information on each individual. I will tag each post at the bottom with their name. By clicking on that tag, you will be able to view all posts that include that individual.

I find this research so fasinating because through the little details I've begun to piece together stories of great faith, courage, and sacrifice . . . all in the cause of their new-found faith. It has strengthened my own testimony to know that my ancestors believed in the doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so much that they were willing to leave behind homes, jobs, and even family to gather in a desert and build new communities in such a hostile environment in order to freely practice the religion they so dearly loved.

If you have information on any of these people that you'd like to share with others, feel free to let me know. I have set up a new e-mail account where you can contact me about these pioneers. It is mypioneers@gmail.com .

No comments: